Looking for some new things to do in Greenville, SC? We’ve scoured the internet for you and found the most exciting events in our great city in August 2017. There’s something for everyone, so check these out:
Things to Do in Greenville SC in August 2017
Music By The Lake Summer Concert Series
- Date/Time: August 3, 2017; 7:30 PM
- Location: 3300 Poinsett Highway in Greenville, SC. Furman University (Lakeside Amphitheater).
- Price: Free
- Description: Are you a fan of Jazz and Orchestra music? If so, you’ll really enjoy this free concert by Furman University Lake! This concert will be featuring Asheville Jazz Orchestra, led by director David Wilken. One lucky guest will receive concert picnic basket filled with goodies. This is the last event in the “Music By The Lake Summer Concert Series” for the year, so don’t miss it!
- More details: furman.edu
Switch’s 4th Annual Sweetheart Ball
- Date/Time: August 4th, 2017; 6:30 PM
- Location: 200 Buncombe Street (Buncombe Street United Methodist Church) in Greenville, SC.
- Price: $15-29
- Description: This one is for the princess (or princesses) in your life! They will be able to dress up and dance the night away. Not to mention, the proceeds go to a great cause, as this supports Switch’s efforts to help trafficked and exploited individuals. Event best-suited girls 3 to 12, but everyone is welcome to attend.
- More details: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/switchs-fourth-annual-sweetheart-ball-tickets-32364250344
- Date/Time: August 5th, 2017, 10 AM-5 PM & August 6th, 2017, 10 AM-4 PM
- Location: 119 Beverly Rd (Greenville Shrine Club) in Greenville, SC.
- Price: $12 (Adult), $5 (Ages 5-12), ages 4 and under are free.
- Description: If you love reptiles, you won’t want to miss Repticon in Greenville. Come check out exotic frogs, lizards, snakes, and much more! There will also be numerous presentations, shows, and giveaways throughout the day.
- More details: http://repticon.com/south-carolina/greenville/
10th Annual SHE Weekend
- Date/Time: August 18th, 2017, 11 AM- 8 PM & August 19th, 2017, 9 AM- 6PM
- Location: 1 Exposition Drive (TD Convention Center) in Greenville, SC.
- Price: $4-12
- Description: “SHE Weekend (formerly known as the Upstate Women’s Show) is a weekend full of shopping, creating, learning, tasting, making, laughing, and having a great time! We formally invite you to experience the 10th Annual SHE Weekend, with more unique vendors, more choices, extended hours, more activities, and more fun! Scott Reeves (Noel on Nashville and Dr. Steve Webber from General Hospital) and Steve Burton (Dylan McAvoy on The Young and the Restless and Jason Morgan from GH) will be appearing on Saturday afternoon!”
- More details: shegreenville.com
Bon Dance Festival 2017
- Date/Time: August 19th, 2017, 12:30 PM- 4:30 PM
- Location: 225 S Pleasantburg Dr (McAlister Square) in Greenville, SC.
- Price: Free
- Description: The Bon Dance Festival has been a tradition in Greenville since 1995, a celebration of Japanese culture during the Japanese holiday Obon. There will Japanese crafts, games, Taiko drumming, and martial arts demonstrations. Everyone is welcome!
- More details: https://jaasc.org/bon-dance/
BJU Eclipse Experience
- Date/Time: Aug. 21, 2017, 1–3 PM
- Location: 1700 Wade Hampton Blvd (Bob Jones University) in Greenville, SC.
- Price: Free (For students 7th-12th grade and parents/guardians)
- Description: A solar eclipse is a rare and spectacular event, and Bob Jones University is offering a unique way to experience the viewing. University telescopes are equipped with solar filters in order to safely observe the eclipse and take pictures. Students will also have the opportunity to learn about the scientific, historical, and religious significance from faculty members.
- More details: http://www.bju.edu/eclipse/