Labor Day weekend is a sign that summer is coming to an end, so let’s make the most it! Luckily for us, there are a variety of fun things to do in the Greenville area on Labor Day. If you’re looking for some ideas, give these events a look:
Labor Day Greenville, SC 2017
Falls Park on the Reedy
- Location: 601 S Main St in Greenville, SC
- Description: Pack a picnic lunch and enjoy the scenery of Falls Park, located in downtown Greenville. There are numerous trails surrounded by natural beauty, most notably the Liberty Bridge (pictured above), which provides a breathtaking view of the waterfalls of Reedy River.
- More details: fallspark.com
Upper South Carolina State Fair
- Date/Time: Open Every day of Labor Day Weekend (Starting at Noon each day, September 2nd-4th, 2017)
- Location: 3800 Calhoun Memorial Hwy in Easley, SC (Upper South Carolina State Fairgrounds/Greenville Pickens Speedway)
- Price: $8 per person; $20 per person for unlimited ride wristband
- Description: This is a Fair that you don’t want to miss! There will be something fun for the whole family, with numerous food options, rides, and attractions. Attractions will include the Rhinestone Cowgirls, a Tricky Dogs Show, and Scott’s Crazy Comedy Magic Show to name a few.
- More details: uppersouthcarolinastatefair.com
Music in the Woods
- Date/Time: September 2, 2017; 2-4 PM (First of 9 concerts in the Music in the Woods Series)
- Location: 2401 State Park Rd. in Greenville, SC (Paris Mountain State Park)
- Price: Free after park admission
- Description: “Music In The Woods is a Fall Festival of music taking place every Saturday from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. at the park amphitheater, September through October. These concerts are eco-friendly, using solar power to generate electricity for the bands. Music in the Woods is free after adult admission; however, donations are always appreciated! Concert-goers are welcome to bring their dinner, cooler and pets (on a leash). No smoking or alcohol, please. After parking in the main parking lot, walk down toward the Park Center building, following signs to the amphitheater on Mountain Creek Trail.”
- More details: facebook.com/PMSPmusicinthewoods
North Carolina Apple Festival
- Date/Time: September 1-4, 2017; 10 AM-10 PM on Friday-Sunday, 10 AM- End of Parade on Monday
- Location: 318 North Main St in Hendersonville, NC
- Description: Make note that this one requires a bit of a road trip from Greenville, but it would be well worth your time. Especially if you love apples, as you’re able to partake in apple taste testing and contests. There will be plenty of other festivities as well, including arts & crafts booths, concerts, and other free entertainment.
- More details: ncapplefestival.org